Early Childhood Education Center
207 Hart Street
Taunton MA 02780
Center Phone: 508-823-5151 ext.491
Director: 508-823-5151 ext. 499
- Monday 7:00 – 5:00
- Tuesday 7:00 – 5:00
- Wednesday 7:00 – 5:00
- Thursday 7:00 – 5:00
- Friday 7:00 – 5:00
Due to Covid19 if you are experiencing difficulties with remitting a printed registration form, please contact Amanda Abbott via email with registration information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center at Bristol-Plymouth Regional Technical School is a laboratory daycare/preschool setting for children 2.9 – 5 years of age. The mission is to provide technical training in early childhood education and care to high school students from our seven sending communities while offering families a safe, nurturing, developmentally appropriate setting for their children.
Philosophy and Statement of Purpose
We believe that every child is a unique and valuable being that deserves to be appreciated and respected as an individual. Children thrive when cared for in a safe, warm, nurturing environment by teachers knowledgeable in child growth and development and dedicated to helping each child reach their full potential. Children learn through active involvement with play and interaction with others. Our program promotes active, exploratory learning, encourages language, literacy, and expression while combining a balance of child-initiated and teacher-directed activities. Developmentally appropriate activities are provided in all developmental areas including, physical, social, emotional and cognitive, that will foster growth of the whole child.
- Foster positive self-esteem by treating each child with respect and providing opportunities and challenges that lead to successful experiences.
- Encourage curiosity and a desire to learn by providing hands on opportunities to discover and explore.
- Create a learning environment that supports/ assists the child in developing respect for each person’s similarities and differences.
- Support a lifetime of learning by providing plentiful opportunities to use and develop verbal and written language skills.
- Encourage independence and self-discipline by helping each child to be responsible for their actions.
- Promote proper health, safety and nutritional practices.
- Foster open communication between home and school to support all aspects of a child’s growth and happiness.