Frequently Asked Questions
How old does my child need to be to attend Bristol-Plymouth’s Child Care Center?
- Children need to be 2.9 to be enrolled in the center. Registration is held in the spring for the following fall. A spot can only be secured if your child is 2.9 by the start of school. We do enroll year round depending on space.
What are the hours of operation?
- The Bristol-Plymouth Childhood Center is open from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. We follow the Bristol-Plymouth Regional Technical School District’s calendar. A half day program is offered from 7:00 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Do I need to drop my child off at 7:00 a.m., or by a certain time?
- No, drop off and pick up times are flexible according to parents' schedules.
Do you follow the high school calendar?
- Yes, we do follow the calendar according to days of operation and holidays/vacations. However, when the high school has a scheduled early release, the Child Care Center remains open until regular closing time, 5:00 p.m.
How many teachers are in the preschool program?
- Three! The Child Care Center consists of two classrooms with a certified preschool teacher in each room. The afternoon session is staffed with a certified preschool teacher and the director.
When do the high school students/helpers work in the preschool center?
- The high school students intern in the Child Care Center from approximately 8:00 a.m. until noon daily. High school students are always supervised.
Do I need to pack a lunch and/or snacks for my child?
- Snacks and drinks are provided. If your child is staying a full day then you may pack a peanut free lunch or a school lunch can be purchased that includes milk, fruit, and an entrée that is guaranteed peanut free.